For the past 16 or so years, Stevie has been playing in various bands around the world while pursuing a career in Sponsorship, Event, and Marketing Management. He has worked for Comedy Festivals, Music Festivals, Fashion Shows, Extreme (and Not-so-Extreme) Sports Competitions, Record Labels, Clothing Labels, Films, and TV shows – just to name a few. Stevie comes from New Zealand to join the 2013-14 Beam Team. We are considering starting a board in the office to keep track of all his awesome “New Zealand-isms.”
Q & A with Stevie:
- What was the first concert you went to?
My father’s band when I was still in the womb, apparently.
- What is your favorite thing about Austin, TX?
The music and the bats.
- When did you realize you wanted to be an event planner?
The first time my parents went away for the weekend and left me in charge of the house.
- If you had to eat only one food for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9-course sushi degustation menu from Hamacho in Fiji
- Name your top 5 movies.
The Last Waltz, Point Break, Scarface, North Shore, and Dumb and Dumber
- What are you most excited about for SXSW 2014?
- Coffee or tea? Cream and sugar? How do YOU like yours?
All of the above.
- Would you rather bungee jump or sky dive?
Being from New Zealand, you have to do both before you get your drivers license.