It seems like the fashion industry gets all of the attention in the fall. Now that is not to say we don’t love things like the September Issue and keeping up with NYFW, but let's not forget all of the great events on the calendar in our own hometown! As event planners, we're always busy obsessing over every little detail, but we also love being able to attend other events to gain new insight and experiences! Here is where you will find The Beam Team this month:
- Add one more awesome music festival to your list; Stargayzer Fest makes its debut this month, September 12-14 at Pine Street Station. This festival will feature Austin’s top LGBTQIA musicians, performers and non-profits. http://stargayzerfest.com/
- If you are looking to escape the city, Utopiafest might be the ticket. A 2 hour drive outside of Austin and Utopia is just what the town’s name describes, utopia. With the festival happening the weekend of the 12th, there wont be much quiet but there will be plenty of music and camp fires. It might be the closest thing to Woodstock Texas will ever see. http://www.utopiafest.com/
- Can’t wait until Halloween? Fantastic Fest makes its return September 18-25 at the Alamo Drafthouse. This festival is the largest genre film fest in the U.S. and for the weekend you will be able to feast your eyes on some “fantastic” horror, fantasy, sci-fi and action films. Yes, there will be zombies. http://fantasticfest.com/
- The whole team will be at the Tribeza Fashion Show at Fair Market on September 24th and it is shaping up to be the most talked about event this month. (Okay, so we love fashion too!) http://tribezaevents.com/
- Cheers to Oktoberfest! Texas Craft Brewers Fest is on September 27th at Fiesta Gardens. Microbrewers have been popping up all over Austin and this will be the best place to try the new brews on the block. http://texascraftbrewersfestival.org/
The calendar could go on and on as we live in a city of events, concerts, and culture ... that is why we all live here! How will YOU celebrate this September?!